On the 11th of May Mercia Image put a team forward for the Treetops Hospice Charity Golf Day at Erewash Golf Club. Luckily on the day we were blessed with some good weather making the whole day extra enjoyable. We sponsored one of the holes on the course which looked great with the Vinyl Banner that we put up. Unfortunately, our team did not win any prizes, but everyone enjoyed the day and hopefully lots of money was raised for Treetops Hospice Care.
Our Sales Director Paul Ross said “It was a great day whilst raising money for a great charity”. The Mercia Team consisted of Paul Ross (Sales Director), Jane Harrison (PA to Directors), Jon Evans from Parkhouse Evans and Mark Stephenson from Canon (UK) Ltd.
Treetops Hospice Care is a great charity and was ranked 4th in The Sunday Times Top 100 Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For 2017! Treetops supports people with illnesses such as cancer, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis as well as also supporting their carers and families.
In the last 12 months, Treetops Hospice Care cared for 1,724 people including:
- 35,190 hours of care was provided by Hospice at Home nurses
- 4,107 individual attendances in the Day Care unit in Risley
- 2,876 adult bereavement sessions
- 887 bereavement sessions for children and families
- 289 counselling and emotional support sessions for people dealing with life-limiting illness
- 223 one-to-one consultations with the Support and Information Service
Finally we would like to say thank you to Kathryn Box from Treetops Hospice Care for a wonderfully organised event.
May 15th, 2017 – Tom Lacey